Powered by A. O. Smith Corporation
Apply Oct 1 – Nov 30
BREW Corporate Accelerator, an expansion of the BREW Accelerator launched in 2013, connects freshwater technology startups with committed funding corporations looking to fast track innovative solutions to their water-related challenges. This round of BREW Corporate is powered by A. O. Smith Corporation. Upon completion of the program, participating companies can continue to collaborate with others in the industry through ongoing engagement with the BREW Alumni Network.
Selected participants receive:
- 3 ½ month business accelerator curriculum focused on customer discovery
- Office and research space in the Global Water Center in Milwaukee
- Access to The Water Council’s water tech leadership network
- Media exposure and communications boost
- Capital investment of $50,000 or more from A. O. Smith
- Access to A. O. Smith’s product development labs
- Mentoring from A. O. Smith project management, engineering, and business experts
- Complimentary one year membership with The Water Council
BREW Corporate Accelerator is accepting applications from startups located anywhere around the world between Oct 1 – Nov 30, 2018. This challenge is looking for early stage companies with ideas that fall into one or more of these categories:
- Water treatment – High-efficiency residential and commercial drinking water treatment technologies to remove contaminants such as trace heavy metals or microbiological materials, improve taste and odor, and/or eliminate scale formation.
- Water heating – High-efficiency, low-emission water heating technologies, high-performance, cold climate heat pump water heating technologies, thermal energy storage technologies, durable surface finish concepts, and/or components or systems that prolong the life of a water heater.
- Sensors – Cost-effective sensor technologies for continuous or semi-continuous monitoring of trace level contaminants including heavy metals, bacteria and viruses, as well as other water quality indicators, including hardness, total organic carbon, and pH, for residential and commercial drinking water treatment applications.
- IoT, machine learning and artificial intelligence – Technologies used in residential and commercial water heating and drinking water treatment applications that sense, process, and deliver valuable information: for example, predictive analytics that results in extended product life, safer water, or reduced energy consumption. Security technologies to protect users’ privacy or manufacturers’ intellectual property.
A. O. Smith Corporation, a founding member of The Water Council and rigorous supporter in the development of Milwaukee’s World Water Hub, is a global leader applying innovation technology and energy-efficient solutions to products manufactured and marketed worldwide. The company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment and boilers, as well as a manufacturer of water treatment products for residential and light commercial applications.
A.O. Smith is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, with more than 16,000 employees at operations in the United States, Canada, China, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam.