World’s Foremost Freshwater Seed Accelerator
2019 Application Process – Closed
Startups from around the world compete for selection into the BREW Accelerator by creatively solving water-related technology challenges. At the end of each program, BREW participants pitch their ideas to investors, universities, government entities and corporations for potential partnerships, acquisition or funding. Upon completion of the program, participating companies can continue to collaborate with others in the industry through ongoing engagement with the BREW Alumni Network.
Now in it’s sixth year, up to five startups will be selected and receive the following:
- Funding and connections to additional capital investment
- 3 ½ month business accelerator curriculum focused on customer discovery
- Office and research space in the Global Water Center in Milwaukee
- Mentorship from executive level professionals
- Access to university R&D resources
- Access to The Water Council’s water tech leadership network
- Hands-on business training workshops
- Media exposure and communications boost
- Complimentary one year membership with The Water Council, including networking event discounts, profile in online global directory, talent pipeline and more
BREW 6 accepts applications from startups located anywhere around the world.
This challenge was looking for early stage companies with ideas that fall into one or more of these categories:
- Agriculture runoff – Technologies to reduce, prevent or control polluted run-off and improve water quality in lakes, rivers, wetlands and underground sources of drinking water from farming (pesticides, irrigation, animal feeding, sedimentation, nutrients).
- Emerging tech – Technologies that improve the quality, transportation or quantity of freshwater in any part of the world.
WATER STARTUP COMMUNITY IN MILWAUKEE
“My firm recently made a large investment in downtown Milwaukee. The Water Council and the amount of energy surrounding their work is one of the key differentiators that we really liked.” – James A. Fox, CEO of North Wells Capital
- 34 water tech portfolio companies
- 100+ water-related pilots
- Home to a leading utility of the world
- 200+ water technology companies
- Home to a National Science Foundation Water Equipment & Policy Center
- One of the nation’s leading agricultural states with more than 5.5 billion dollars in farm product sales per year
- Hub for makers, entrepreneurs, inventors, chefs, dreamers and creatives of all kinds. More about Milwaukee and Wisconsin.