Powered by A. O. Smith Corporation
2020 Application Process
The BREW Corporate Accelerator, an extension of the BREW Accelerator, connects early stage water technology companies with corporations looking to fast track those innovative solutions. This round of BREW Corporate is powered by A. O. Smith Corporation.
Selected participants receive:
- Three-month business accelerator coaching and curriculum program in Milwaukee
- Mentoring from A. O. Smith project management, engineering, and business experts
- Capital investment of $50,000 or more from A. O. Smith
- Introductions to the Water Council’s mentor, investment, and water leadership networks
- Low-cost office space in the Global Water Center in Milwaukee
- Access to university R&D resources
- Access to A. O. Smith’s product development labs
- Media exposure and communications boost
- Connection to the BREW alumni network
- Membership to the Global Accelerator Network
- Complimentary one-year membership with The Water Council, including networking event discounts, profile in online global directory, talent pipeline, and more
At the end of the program, BREW Corporate participants will showcase and celebrate their work at Demo Day, which is attended by The Water Council’s community, corporate, and investment partners.
For the next BREW Corporate cohort, which will begin in April, 2020, we are looking for early-stage companies solving problems in the following areas:
- Water treatment – High-efficiency residential and commercial drinking water treatment technologies to remove contaminants such as trace heavy metals or microbiological materials, improve taste and odor, and/or eliminate scale formation.
- Water heating – High-efficiency, low-emission water heating technologies, high-performance, cold climate heat pump water heating technologies, thermal energy storage technologies, durable surface finish concepts, and/or components or systems that prolong the life of a water heater.
- Sensors – Cost-effective sensor technologies for continuous or semi-continuous monitoring of trace level contaminants including heavy metals, bacteria and viruses, as well as other water quality indicators, including hardness, total organic carbon, and pH, for residential and commercial drinking water treatment applications.
- IoT, machine learning and artificial intelligence – Technologies used in residential and commercial water heating and drinking water treatment applications that sense, process, and deliver valuable information: for example, predictive analytics that results in extended product life, safer water, or reduced energy consumption. Security technologies to protect users’ privacy or manufacturers’ intellectual property.
A. O. Smith Corporation, a founding member of The Water Council and rigorous supporter in the development of Milwaukee’s World Water Hub, is a global leader applying innovative technology and energy-efficient solutions to products manufactured and marketed worldwide. The company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment and boilers, as well as a manufacturer of water treatment products for residential and light commercial applications. A.O. Smith is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, with more than 16,000 employees at operations in the United States, Canada, China, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam.